As you embark on your goals in therapy we know managing your pain is a top priority. We take every step possible to manage your pain through a proactive approach. Astor Healthcare Center uses many different and effective ways to manage pain. Our Interdisciplinary Team comprised of our on-site Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Therapists, Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants develop a personalized pain management regimen for each of our patients based on their individual needs.
Pain management techniques include:
- – Thorough pain assessment on admission
- – Thorough pain assessment History of hospital admission, and routine home medication reviews
- – PRN- As Needed pain management, and Routine pain management (for breakthrough pain)
- – Diathermy- electrically induced heat and use of high-frequency electromagnetic currents used as a form of physical and occupation therapy.
- – E-Stim- Electrical stimulation treatment modality used improve muscle function, decrease pain, and promote healing
- – Pain Evaluation pre-therapy and post-therapy to determine most effective time for pain medication for each patient
- – re-positioning of body based on area of pain
- – off-loading- to decrease pressure of pain area or areas
- – Ice and Heat Therapy
- – Stretching and Exercise
- – Joint Mobilization
- – Soft Tissue Mobilization